The current Scali Bruno store was founded in Viareggio as Ditta Scali in 1921 and was located in Via Regia. The founder was the great entrepreneur Alberto Vittorio Scali, who opened up to 6 shops and rentals nearby, precisely in Viareggio, Lido di Camaiore and Tonfano.
In 1929 Bruno Scali was born “among bicycles”, as he used to say. Right from the beginning he showed a deep passion for the two wheels, but the activity had soon to face the World War II from 1939 to 1945 during which difficulties were significant. During Viareggio’s evacuation in 1943 the Ditta Scali was forced to hide horses and bicycles in Camaiore, Bozzano (Massarosa) and Viareggio towns, counting on the support of San Francesco’s Church friars and local farmers. During the bombings, a large number of bicycles and other materials were destroyed. But the great passion and the strong willingness to work again made the Company stronger so that Scali Family managed to overcome the period of crisis due to the War.
The 50s were finally coming and in 1956 Claudio (Bruno’s son) was born. With his electro-technical guidance, he decided to help his father from the earliest years of his childhood and together they grew the Company business.